Story Cycles: A Course in Secondary Progressions
I’m excited to announce a six week course on secondary progressions beginning on November 7 and running through December 12, 2020.
Secondary progressions are known as one of the most important cycles of personal development in astrology, especially in terms of exploring the trajectory of our life narrative and predicting key turning points in our story. In case you are unfamiliar, secondary progressions are based upon the symbolic correspondence between our experience of one solar day and one solar year. This is based upon the ancient concept of the part equaling the whole and how bringing awareness to the part can illuminate the whole.
With secondary progressions we are engaging a symbolic equivalence between our experience of a solar day with the Sun rising, culminating and setting with our experience of a solar year and the Sun moving through all of the signs of the zodiac along the ecliptic from our geocentric perspective. As a result, when calculating a secondary progressed chart for someone turning thirty years old, you are essentially casting a chart based upon thirty days after their birth.
Regarding our overall life story, tracking and reflecting upon secondary progressions can help with figuring out what part of someone’s life story they are in right now. From the vaster whole of our entire life narrative, we can come into deeper relationship with what part or chapter of the overall story we are in. As a result, secondary progressions can be potent for reflecting upon past experiences as well as helping you in writing the next chapter of your life.
The natal chart is a living symbol of the moment we are born into, yet it’s common for people to conceive of their natal chart as something static with fixed aspects between the planets. Rather than the frozen moment of our birth, secondary progressions tap us into not only the moment of birth but where that moment is moving within all of the cycles between planets. For example, you may be born with a waxing crescent Moon in your natal chart but through secondary progressions you will live through all of the phases of the Moon.
Considering secondary progressions is important because the nature of one’s present secondary progressions will significantly alter interpretation of transits and any other timing technique you are using. It also brings a different perspective from solely focusing on the natal chart, transits, and timing techniques.
In addition, since the lunar phases of the Moon and the solar phases of each planet are essential to pay attention to with secondary progressions, as an added bonus you will gain knowledge regarding the synodic cycle of each planet with the Sun through this course.
“Story Cycles: A Course in Secondary Progressions” will occur weekly on Saturdays from 10 am until 12 pm in Pacific standard time. I will cover a different aspect of secondary progressions each week in this two hour class through a live Zoom meeting that will be recorded for all participants to download, whether you can attend it live or not. There will be supplementary material given as well as homework assignments.
There will also be a one hour session on Tuesdays from 6 – 7 pm in which I will answer questions from course participants through a Zoom meeting. This session will also be recorded for all participants to download and view at your convenience.
Total cost: $300 (payment plans are possible: contact me at email@example.com to discuss options)
- Saturday, November 7 (10 am – 12 pm PST)
- The Sun in Secondary Progressions. We will cover a general introduction to secondary progressions and the meaning of the Sun within secondary progressions. Special attention will be given to the movement of the Sun by secondary progression across different houses of the natal chart with examples.
- Saturday, November 14 (10 am – 12 pm PST)
- The Moon in secondary progressions. We will cover the meaning of the Moon within secondary progressions, it’s timing, and the significance of it changing house and sign as well as element and modality. Special attention will be given to the progressed lunar phases created by the relationship between the progressed Moon and the progressed Sun. We will explore the meaning of each progressed lunar phase with examples for discussion.
- Tuesday, November 17 (6 – 7 pm PST)
- Live question and answer session covering the Sun and Moon
- Saturday, November 21 (10 am – 12 pm PST)
- Mercury in secondary progressions. We will cover the meaning of Mercury changing house and sign in the natal chart as well as element and modality. Special attention will be given to understanding the synodic cycle of Mercury and the progressed solar phases involving the relationship between Mercury and the Sun. In particular we will explore the meaning of Mercury stationing retrograde, it’s retrograde phase, and stationing direct by progression.
- Tuesday, November 24 (6 – 7 pm PST)
- Live question and answer session covering Mercury.
- Saturday, November 28 (10 am – 12 pm PST)
- Venus in secondary progressions. We will cover the meaning of Venus changing house and sign in the natal chart as well as element and modality. Special attention will be given to understanding the synodic cycle of Venus and its meaning within secondary progressions. We will also explore the meaning of Venus retrograde in secondary progressions.
- Tuesday, December 1 (6 – 7 pm PST)
- Live question and answer session covering Venus.
- Saturday, December 5 (10 am – 12 pm)
- Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto by secondary progression. We will cover the meaning of Mars and the planets beyond Mars in secondary progression. We will explore the synodic cycles of Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn and the significance of them stationing retrograde or direct by progression. We will spend more time on Mars than the planets beyond Mars due to Mars being more dynamic by secondary progression due to it moving faster than the planets beyond it in orbit.
- Tuesday, December 8 (6 – 7 pm PST)
- Final live question and answer session
- Saturday, December 12 (10 am – 12 pm PST)
- Final project presentations and final summary. This class will be an opportunity for participants who wish to present a final project about what they have learned regarding their life story through reflecting upon their experience of secondary progressions. Time will be given for feedback and questions about each presentation.
To register and pay for the course you may pay through the “pay button” below, or send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to set up payment with me directly.
Story Cycles: A Course in Secondary Progressions
Six week course on Secondary Progressions taught by Gray Crawford.
There will also be a discount for the course provided for those who support my work on my Patreon page. Take a look to see the benefits you will receive as a patron.