FOUNDATIONS OF ASTROLOGY COURSE
Co-taught by Gray Crawford & June Rose Trimbach
Gray Crawford and June Rose Trimbach are excited to announce an interactive webinar course uncovering the building blocks of the art of astrology. If you’re at the beginning stages of learning astrology or at a more advanced stage and looking to fill any gaps in your knowledge, this class will give you a firm understanding of the symmetry and power in the foundations. If you choose to participate, we will be looking at the natal charts of individuals in the class, so it’s also a great opportunity to deepen understanding of your own chart.
June Rose and Gray share a passion for traditional as well as modern astrological technique. The class will serve as a bridge between modern and traditional astrology and clarify misconceptions about each perspective. June Rose and Gray both come from astrological lineages that inquire about the soul and its relationship to the material world. When appropriate we may explore astrology as a spiritual discipline.
Weekly classes will be held on Sundays from January 21 through April 8, 2018 with no classes held the weekends of February 18 and March 25. Classes will begin at 1:00 pm (Pacific standard time) and last for two hours. Everyone will receive a recorded version of each class, so its not necessary to be present for the live classes though we encourage you to be present for as many of the classes as possible. We will be using Zoom meetings for the classes.
There will also be one additional question and answer session each week held over Zoom where we will discuss any questions or concerns. June Rose and Gray will also be available to answer questions over email. Each class will have written homework assignments to turn in, and participants will receive detailed feedback on each assignment.
The final class is an opportunity for students to share final presentations that integrate knowledge gained through the course.
Total cost for the course is $200 and can be paid through PayPal. Please email email@example.com to register for the class and a payment request will be sent to you. Payment plans can be set up if necessary. You will receive links for the weekly classes and question and answer sessions that will take place through Zoom meetings.
Sunday 21 January
PHILOSOPHY & ETHICS OF ASTROLOGY
- Different worldviews and philosophical questions that are important for astrologers to consider
- Ethics in consulting astrology charts
- Why are you interested in astrology?
Sunday 28 January
SUN & MOON: LIGHTS OF THE SOUL
- The meaning of the Sun and Moon; how they reflect soul
- Moon phases; interpreting the relationship between the Sun and Moon
- Introduction to Sect (Day vs. Night charts)
Sunday 4 February
- Significations and correspondences of each planet
- How planets show up as characters in our personal and collective mythologies
- Nocturnal vs diurnal natures of planets
Sunday 11 February
SIGNS OF THE ZODIAC
- Use of tropical zodiac instead of sidereal zodiac
- The signs as planetary homes
- Elements, modalities, nocturnal/diurnal signs
Sunday 25 February
- How signs color the expression of a planet’s nature
- Introduction to essential dignity
- Workshop of charts of class participants demonstrating planetary expression through signs
Sunday 4 March
ASPECTS & CONFIGURATIONS
- Meaning of aspects, planets “seeing” one another
- Whole sign vs. degree-based aspects
- How the Thema Mundi reveals the meaning of aspects
- Traditional aspects vs. modern aspects
Sunday 11 March
- The meaning of the twelve houses
- Meaning of angular, succedent, and cadent houses
- Impact of angularity on planetary expression
- Joy of the planets in specific houses
Sunday 18 March
INTRODUCTION TO CHART INTERPRETATION
- How to interpret the rulers of the houses
- How to prioritize rulers of the houses
- How to synthesize meaning of relationship between rulers of the houses and the planets located within houses
- Workshop to demonstrate interpretation in the natal charts of participants
Sunday 1 April
- Meaning of the lunar nodes and how to reconcile differences in meaning across astrological traditions
- Lunar nodes as markers of eclipses
- Interpreting the rulers of the lunar nodes
- Significance of planets forming a square to the lunar nodes
Sunday 8 April
- Class participants can present a cumulative project to the group demonstrating knowledge
- Possible final presentations may utilize the following: (1) artistic interpretation; (2) creative writing; (3) chart delineation; (4) research integrating biographical information.